The programme for tomorrow’s regatta can be found here. Special repeat note re Races 16 lane 6, 38 lane 2, 53 lane 6 and 61 lane 5, these crews have one or two adaptive rowers rowing under ACTAS programmes. The single scullers are vision impaired rowers, these and the double scullers should be given every support by our rowing community. The entry of the vision impaired single scullers has been advised previously and ACTRA was disappointed to receive a complaint about the single scullers being entered in E grade races. Both single scullers will be accompanied by guides in tinnies and are placed in outside double lanes. Clubs are advised that medals will be awarded to placings 1, 2 and 3 for the 31 January regatta. Races with 3 crews will have medals awarded for first and second only. Cocky clubs may wish to have a wheelbarrow handy.
Archive for month: January, 2009
The final draw for this Saturday’s regatta can be seenhere. ISRA Regatta – Call for Entries The Independent Schools Rowing Association Regatta is being held in Canberra on 14-15 February. Entries close on 03 February and are made through Rowing Manager. Australian Rowing Championships – Event list and Program The order of events for the ARC at Lake Barrington on 2-8 March have been published here. Rowing Australia High Performance Web Site restructured RA has announced that its HP web site area has been restructured. The aim is to provide athletes, coaches and managers with a user-friendly and logical navigation through High Performance information. You can find it here.
A report of this year’s Bridge to Bridge Race can be found here. Congratulations to all involved.
On Wednesday 28 January CGS will be conducting selection trials in singles over 1500m on the regatta course from 06:00 08:00 using lanes 5 and 6. Please ask coaches to take particular care with speedboat activity on the course during this period.
Information on this year’s Bridge to Bridge race can be found here. The race is late in the day, stil does not require entries or seat fees and will still be great fun.
The YOF starts on Wednesday and runs until Sunday. The ACT has a great team of young athletes going. The rowing is at SIRC, Penrith on Saturday and Sunday and if it is like previous events, entry is free. You can see more information at the YOF web site and the rowing program is here. But NSW Rowing Association is running the regatta and all the real information will be here. The ACT team members are: Women: Christabelle Northam, Emily Balmaks, Sorelle Bowman, Imogen Cowan, Melissa Greck, Chloe Mackenzie, Amelia Waldren, Samantha Shaw, Shannon Narracott, Daffyd Gwynn-Jones (coach), Tara Huntly (asst coach), Sarah Cook (asst team mgr). Men: Nick Barnier, Mathew Barnier, Dane Buchhorn, Dylan Conolan, Clancy Horman, Callum Mackenzie, Angus Moore, Riley Owen, Scott Sheridan, David Wright, Gordon Marcks (head coach), Bob Cook (team manager). Canberra Rowing Club Regatta – Call for Entries The CRC Regatta is being held on Saturday, 31 January. Entries must be placed through your club so that they reach ACTRA no later than 25 January. Standard ACTRA List of Events The standard list of events has been changed for the CRC and following regattas. The new list can be found here. The changes are:
- For grade D and E there are now separate school events and open events. In situations where entries are insufficient to conduct races in school and open categories the races may be combined to avoid adding to the length of regattas. This is a reorganisation of the existing pattern of entries and will not result in additional races on the programme.
- An events for MGD 2x (school and open) has been added to the list.
Independent Schools Rowing Association Regatta – 14-15 February The ISRA regatta is being held in Canberra this year. Entries close, through Rowing Manager, on 3 February via school or club regatta entry secretaries. The event list can be found here.
In preparation for next week’s Youth Olympics, the ACT team will be running a mini regatta on the Yarramundi Reach course on this Saturday morning. Program consists of three sets of two events at 07:00, 07:20 and 09:00. Please show consideration and keep out of the way. Coaches, please don’t wash off the crews. If you have a visiting rowing camp group at your boatshed, please tell them about this.
- Sunday, 11 January 06:30 to 11:00 – Tarcoola Reach partially closed and Lady Denman Drive closed for a triathlon run from Black Mountain Peninsula.
- Friday, 23 January 17:30 to 19:30 – Central Basin partially closed for Canberra Challenge Triathlon.
- Saturday, 24 January 12:00 to 17:00 -Central Basin partially closed for Canberra Challenge Triathlon.
- Sunday, 25 January 06:00 to 10:00 -Central Basin partially closed for Canberra Challenge Triathlon
- Sunday, 15 February 07:30 to 10:00 – Yarralumla Bay and nearby section of Alexandrina Drive for a triathlon.