Notes for Hosting a Regatta
Hosting a Regatta
Volunteers to Fill Regatta Admin Roles
The volunteer roles that need covering while the regatta is in progress are as follows.
- 1 in Finish Line Cross Over Marshall tinnie (must have boat license):
- will need to pick up loud hailer & radio from finish line officials;
- uses one of the three tinnies provided by host club;
- 3 at Finish Line for judging and recorder duties;
- 1-2 at Weston Park to issue/ distribute medals;
- 2-4 at Weston Park to supervise the pontoons and assist where required;
Host Club Tinnies
- 3 tinnies that need to be at the finish line by 6.50am. One of these is for the Finish Line Marshall as above.
Pre and Post Regatta Support Activities
- 2-3 people to help set up at the beginning of the day with erecting tent, putting out parking signs, cleaning the pontoon
- 2-3 people who are able to give 30mins of help at the end of the last race to pack down Weston Park makes a big difference – stuff like taking down the tent, collecting PA equipment from the BROs when it is dropped at the pontoons, packing up the commentary gear