- The turn around in East Basin and Scrivener Dam,
- The long stretch between Museum Point and Spinnaker Island,
- The turn in front of Black Mtn Rowing Club going towards the course,
- The start and finish lines on the course and
- The area directly in front of the AIS.
Jun 14, 12:00 AM
Gordon Marcks, Head Rowing Coach at ACTAS, has some comments on safe winter rowing on Lake Burley Griffin: With our return to the water, also comes the reminder about adherence to the traffic rules and the need to do your best to minimise any risk to yourself as well as others. The traffic rules are well documented, publicised and accepted and anyone who chooses to cut-corners exposes themselves to being held liable for any damage or injury in the advent of an accident. If an athlete is negligent they can expect to be held personally responsible and may find that [their Club's] insurance will not be used to pay for the damage. Some areas of particular concern are: