Rowing ACT conducts rowing events throughout the rowing season, which runs from May to the following April.
Regattas usually run from early November culminating in the ACT Championships in March. Depending on scheduling and weather, up to six regattas are held.
A number of special events are held over the ACT season.
|Winter Time Trials||The season starts with the Winter Time Trial series. This comprises 5 races run over a course of about 4 kms. They start in May and continue through to September.|
|Disher Challenge Cup||Runs around October. It is an eight-oar rowing boat race held over a distance of about 5 kms. It is held between the Royal Military College, Duntroon; the Australian National University, and the Australian Defence Force Academy.|
|Col Panton Marathon||A handicapped event that takes place around October/November. The course may vary from year to year but is about 8 kms long, starting in East Basin and finishing at Weston Park. It is open to all classes of boats.|
|Head of the Molonglo||Open to Eights, quads and coxed (student) quads. It runs a similar course to the Col Panton.|
For regattas and non-regatta events (e.g Winter Time Trials) in the ACT all rowers must be registered. Only ‘Senior’ and ‘Junior’ members of RACT can compete in RACT regattas. ‘Recreational’ members of RACT may not compete in RACT regattas but are permitted to participate in the Winter Time Trial Series and Marathon events.
The order of events for regattas is finalized prior to the commencement of the season, following recommendations from the Regatta Sub Committee.
ACT regattas and non-regatta events are managed through Rowing Manager.
For the 2018-19 regatta season, the following processes will apply.
– Notice will be given of entry closure dates.
– Once entries have closed, a single draw will be issued which will set out the race program.
– No further races will be added.
– Late entries will only be considered for races with spare lanes. Any such entries will be subject to double the seat fee.
– Late entries are open until 12 noon on the Thursday before a regatta. Late crew changes and scratchings can be done online until the day before a regatta begins.
– Invoices will be issued on the basis of the Rowing Manager reports available to both Rowing ACT and Club administrators.